Thursday, April 9, 2009

Encouragement


Second post in one day- strange I know, but things are just now slowing down and I have a lot to catch up on!

I usually go to Starbuck’s once a week, on Fridays for my weekly Latte and Coffee Cake- (used to be daily, but hey, I guess we have all had to cut back.) So anyway, Friday morning I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. Becca was in town for her Spring Break, and her and I had stayed up past midnight every night that week waiting for David to get home from class. I was beat down, and was starting to feel like I was picking up what Becca had been sick with all week. I finally made it out the door and dropped Hailey off. My weekly Latte was going to make me late, but I didn’t care, the caffeine was calling my name…

I got my order and went back outside to my car. Parked beside me was a lady I had seen there before. She was actually in line ahead of me and was already in her car about to leave, or at least I thought she was about to leave. Just as I reached my car she jumped out of hers. “Miss, I just want to tell you to have a wonderful day!” She said. Wow, “thank you!” I said back to her, but she wasn’t done. “The Lord told me that you needed encouragement, and I just want to tell you that everything is going to be okay. Don’t let this world get you down! The devil will try to get you down but you can’t let him!” I was a little confused at this point, but thought it was sweet that she wanted so badly to help me. She went on, “Sometimes people think I am strange because if I think someone needs God’s light I just give it to them whether they want it or not!” I said, “Oh don’t worry, I want God’s light! You are fine! Thank you!” She still wasn’t done though, “God doesn’t want you to be upset, he doesn’t want you to let this world get you down! Things will get better and he is always there for you! I am even here for you if you need anything!” At this point I am really starting to think that one of must be crazy. I am racking my brain trying to come up with things that would constitute God himself to tell this lady I needed her! All I could think of is, ‘Well, it’s been a fun week… We are worried about the economy but I think I have made peace with that. I think I am okay, right?’ I was literally doubting myself and my own happiness!

After a long conversation with her, I got in my car and looked in the mirror. Well, there is my answer! I hadn’t had time to put makeup on that morning, my eyes were swollen from getting sick and from the lack of sleep, and I pretty much looked like I had been beaten up! MAN! You know you look bad when a total stranger feels they need to “encourage” you!!!! I should make more time for sleep, AND makeup!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Your blog popped up on my Google alert for news about the PGBT. Do you mind telling me the origin of your blog name?
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Dallas, right off of the President George Bush Turnpike. Is that the same PGBT you are researching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I work in public involvement for an engineering consulting firm, and we did that road project for the North Texas Tollway Authority. I just try to keep my ear to the ground for buzz about the road out in cyberland. It was neat that my search pulled up your blog. I think your experience this morning was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must take a lot of courage to witnes to people these days. You never know how you'll be received.

    Bless her for seeing someone she thought was in pain and reaching out.

    Bless you for receiving her gift. You blessed her much more.

    ReplyDelete