Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today I am having a really hard time. Reality came crashing down on me when I got up this morning, and the weeks of being busy non stop are catching up.

Poor David made the time on Father's Day to tile our bedroom- (for those of you keeping up, we went so long without flooring because the airplane has been broken for months now and David has been gone non-stop ever since.) Anyway, the tile is put down, but grout and sealant are still needed. So, everything that should be in our bedroom is spread out all over the house. It is a wreck.

Then there are all the things that need to be done that have nothing to do with the tile- the laundry is piling up, we are completely out of things like milk which means a trip to the grocery store is mandatory, and we have used almost all the clean dishes out of the dishwasher without ever unloading and loading it.

We found out at work yesterday that we are merging with another company. This will leave us with "duplicates" in workforce. They let us know that, basically, it is not IF layoffs will occur, but rather how many and who that they are not sure of yet.

Hailey has swim lessons this week and next at 6pm- so it is a mad dash from work to get her a snack and get us changed, then straight to the pool to begin. After that is a mad dash to get dinner together for her and she is almost immediately ready to sit with me for our cuddling before bedtime.

David leaves again today and should be home Thursday evening with Becca, (yay!) He is going to Wichita to again check on the airplane- hopefully they are to a point where some decisions have to be made about next steps... it has been down way too long. From Wichita he flies to Rochester, where he and Becca will then drive her car to Dallas. Then Friday, Becca, Hailey and I will drive to Dougherty. David will get there on Saturday.

The thought of getting through the next few weeks, and the idea of David being gone again, have left me completely stressed out and in a horrible mood. I have to snap out of it for anything at all to get done.

So, I taking a minute to list the things that I am thankful for. I know that there are people who would love the have the problems we are having as opposed to the ones that they have. I need to focus on that.

I AM THANKFUL BECAUSE:

- My immediate, and even extended family is healthy.

- I have a husband that works hard to provide for me and our two awesome girls.

- I have a job today.

- David has a job today- actually several jobs.

- We have money in the account to buy the groceries I am complaining about shopping for.

- We have a home

- I miss my husband when he is gone. Some people seem to be relieved when their spouses are out of town. Mine is my best friend, and when he is gone I am sad.

- I have a 17 month old that hugs us, kisses us, and tells us she loves us.

- I have a 16 year old that hugs us, kisses us, and tells us she loves us.

We are a blessed family.... busy, but blessed. I have to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry it's such a stressful time, but I admire you for deciding to "count your blessings". God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. I love you.

    ReplyDelete