Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wait... what?


David is doing some work to our bedroom- the kind of work where you end up with bedroom furniture in bathrooms and a mattress in the hallway... So, we decided to sleep in Becca's room last night. She has that awesome memory foam bed so we weren't even dreading spending a night away from our own room.

Right as we laid down David texted Becca to tell her goodnight, and he mentioned that we were sleeping her room. She got all grossed out and didn't want us in there! At first I just laughed, but the more I thought about it I realized that we are the old people now! I have always been grossed out by mom and dad, now someone is grossed out by me! When exactly did I become an adult? I don't think anyone gave me official notification, and I know I wasn't asked if I had any objections to it...

I think Becca has been trying to ease me into this fact for a while. She makes fun of me when I say "groovy," or anything else like that. I asked the other day if I could be friends on Facebook with a guy friend of her's and she told me no! She said, "that would just be weird!" Why is it weird? I am like ten years older than her!

Well either way, if we were ever cool to begin with we aren't anymore. We are old and embarassing; and as far as kids are concerned, our lives began with them- I will probably not correct them on that for at least 20 years. :)

2 comments:

  1. Reagan - there are LOTS of comments I could make, but I won't. I will tell you that you are ten years OLDER than Becca - not ten years younger. And, one more thing. You listed me as your daughter on FaceBook. Are you some kind of dyslexic or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On FB it said "the daughter of," I thought it was asking me who I was the daughter of so I put you! HA! I will fix it.... meany..

    ReplyDelete