Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My friend

I don't know if anyone really reads this blog, and if you do I am not sure if you would even know him, but I am going to say just a bit about him anyway. His name was Timothy Simpson, and he was my friend. Tim was very athletic growing up and had lots of friends. He was pretty shy, but if you spent long enough hanging around he would eventually speak. He was as "All American" as you can get in Middle School and Jr. High. But things changed...
In High School, he stopped hanging around with the people he had once spent hours with playing sports. He found a new group of friends, and started down a path from which he would never return. From then on nothing in his life was simple. For Tim, the drugs were not just for recreation- he was self medicating. He was diagnosed as Bipolar, I am not sure when, but I know we were still teenagers. He confided in me that the medication given to him made him feel worse; so, he continued to self medicate.
Tim committed suicide yesterday. I have not heard much more than just that statement, and do not even know yet if there are plans for a funeral. I know that he was a drug addict and had been for the better part of 15 years, but I also knew him as just Tim- the painfully shy, hilarious, caring kid.
The next time you see a disheveled, angry looking person roaming aimlessly about- pray for them. We have no idea if their brains have failed them, and have no idea what they have been through.
My hope is that Tim is in Heaven and is free from all the worries and pain that plagued him for so long. I hope that he knows now, even though he never knew when he was alive, that people really do care about him. Please keep his family in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. What a kind and tender tribute to Timothy. It made me cry. I know that Tim appreciated it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am already praying.. Kalli

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always breaks my heart to hear stories like these. I wish I could somehow reach out to people like these and "fix" the problem. That's strange since I've never been able to "fix" anything...ever. I keep on tryin.

    I will so pray for Tim and for his family. Just remember Reagan, God is perfect...PERFECT mercy, PERFECT compassion, PERFECT love and PERFECT compassion.

    Can you imagine David or Randy turning away a child who was so broken hearted...so lost?

    I will pray for Tim and for those who love him.

    ReplyDelete